Monday, June 3, 2013

Hello!


Yes, that's me! Well, that was me three years ago.....

I'm posing with the competition robot my robotics team built my senior year of high school. For three years, this was basically my life. If you've never heard of the FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC), you should check them out here! While you're at it, check out my team - Robonauts - Team 118! Anyway, I'm sure I'll have many more posts about robotics. This post, however, is to introduce myself and the purpose of this blog!

In short, I'm a female engineering student doing my best to encourage other females to pursue engineering.

At engineering schools all over the U.S. there are programs geared towards the exact same thing. But I know that it's always good - and sometimes more encouraging - if you hear about a real personal experience from a real female engineering student. So if you know anyone that could find this blog useful - be sure to pass it on!

Jewel's Random TidBits - One of my team's major sponsors is NASA and our name 'The Robonauts' is based on Robonaut the humanoid robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment