Wednesday, January 22, 2014

2014 Oddball Interview Questions

So I signed-up for a Glassdoor.com account several months ago and I would recommend you to open an account too! It's free and you get to learn more about companies you're interested in working for. When preparing for interviews, the 'Interviews' section on the website is INCREDIBLY useful. It's full of past interview experiences and the contributors generally let you know whether or not they got the job. Check out this page for more info on opening a Glassdoor.com account!

One of the other features I love about Glassdoor.com is the articles they occasionally send through email. This one is really interesting since I know that we (college student job-seekers) are deep in recruitment season. Of-course, with recruitment season comes....interviews!

Glassdoor.com created a list of the 'Top 25 Oddball Interview Questions for 2014' and I think it's a good article to read before your next interview!

Here are my favorite 7:

  1. (#3)"If you were a pizza deliveryman how would you benefit from scissors?" - Apple
  2. (#7) "If you were a box of cereal, what would you be and why?" - Bed Bath & Beyond
  3. (#8) "Do you believe in Big Foot?" - Norwegian Cruise Line
  4. (#9) "Why is a tennis ball fuzzy?" - Xerox
  5. (#16) "You're a new addition to the crayon box, what color would you be and why?" - Urban Outfitters
  6. (#17) "How does the internet work?" - Akamai
  7. (#25) "Have you ever been on a boat? (Creative Open-ended question)" - Applied Systems

How would you answer these questions?

Jewel's Random TidBits - In one interview I was asked to describe what I do for fun. I talked about cooking and blogging. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment